London is the best place to learn English in the UK!
If you are looking for English courses in London to study English with us at our language school, you will be in the best place to learn our language and explore our exciting city! There are many English schools in London, but East London School of English is the friendliest you will find!
Here's what we have to offer at East London School of English:
- We run English courses in London for students of all ages (16+)
- Our English courses in London run all year round, starting any Monday
- Choose the length of your English course in London, from 1-44 weeks
- Choose the time you study – we offer a range of English courses in London to suit your needs
Winter Term Courses in London
- Young Learners English Winter courses in London 2015 for Children 8-15 years old
- Parent & Child English Winter Course in London 2015
- Winter Camp English courses in London for Children 2015 - brochure
- Winter Camp English courses in London for Adults 2015 - brochure
Summer Term Courses in London
- Residential Courses - Young Learner Summer School in London 2015 - for age of 9 to 15
- Young Learners (8-15 years) English Summer Courses 2015
- Parent & Child English Summer Courses 2015
- English Summer Camp in London 2015 - for age 16+
- Cycle Mania - English Summer Course 2015
When can I study at East London School of English?
We offer the following options to learn English in London:
• 40 lessons (30 hours) per week (super-intensive General English course)
• 30 lessons (22.5 hours) per week (intensive General English course)
• 20 lessons (15 hours) per week (standard General English course)
Sessions available to learn English in London include:
• morning session 9.00 - 12.15
• midday session 13:00 - 16.15
• late afternoon session 16:30 - 19.45
There is a 15 minute break in the middle of each session.
How will I learn English in London at East London School of English?
Our approach to teaching English at East London School of English helps students to develop their language skills in order to be able to communicate effectively in any English speaking environment. Our English language lessons are based around topics which incorporate the basic skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Our teachers use modern course books and audio-visual material during classes. Every effort is made to make your English language learning experience at East London School of English both varied and exciting!
At many language schools in London, student-centred teaching is recognised as the most effective way to learn languages. The Director of Studies at East London School of English guides all teachers in focusing on each individual’s language needs. Teaching includes all aspects of the English language such as grammar, functions, phonology and vocabulary.
At our school of English, we use interesting classroom activities carried out through pair and group work to encourage interaction and to motivate students. Our friendly staff enjoy a very good relationship with the students, creating the optimum environment for learning English in London.
Our staff offer guidance and support to all our students from the moment they enquire about the language courses at East London School of English until they complete their studies.
Which level will I be in at East London School of English?
When you first arrive at East London School of English, you will be given a placement test and short interview to find the right level for you.
Here are the levels available at our school of English:
Level 1 Beginners
Level 2 Elementary
Level 3 Lower Intermediate
Level 4 Intermediate
Level 5 Upper Intermediate
Level 6 Advanced
Level 7 Proficiency
One-To-One Intensive English Courses in London at East London School of English!
At East London School of English, we also offer intensive English courses specifically designed for you as an individual student. These English classes can be taken at any time during the day, and for any combination of hours. It is also possible to combine the One-To-One course modules with our General English, Business English and Intensive IELTS courses.
With all One-to-One courses, a detailed needs analysis is carried out by the experienced teachers at our school of English, in order to assess your needs as a student. This means that the content and structure of the English course can be adapted to match individual requirements, making this the most effective way to learn English in London!
See our price list for special packages at East London School of English!
Can I take an exam at the end of my course at East London School of English?
At our school of English, students also have the opportunity to study for exams in English. Cambridge examinations in English as a Foreign Language are known all over the world and are recognised by employers and institutions in many countries. As the examinations cover the four language skills, i.e. listening, speaking, reading and writing, they indicate the ability of the certificate holder to communicate effectively in English.
East London School of English offers courses using relevant course materials, and extra homework help is available to practice for the exams. The Cambridge exam fee is not included in the course price and is between £90 - £110.
The Cambridge EFL exams courses at our English language school in London are:
Elementary Key English Test (KET)
Pre-Intermediate/Intermediate Preliminary English Test (PET)
Upper-Intermediate First Certificate in English (FCE)
Advanced Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
Candidates should enrol for a minimum of 12 weeks before Cambridge exams.